We begin with play. We use improv, story exercises, writing assignments, character work and more improv to uncover important themes and storylines. We work with a guest artist inside a master class to reveal more possibilities. Then our writer pulls it all together into a one act “play”, site-specific for Zoom with characters written specifically for the actors. While the play is being created in the early weeks, actors will work on scripted material in class to deepen technique and become stronger actors.
The Original Project characters are created to play to the actors’ unique strengths but also invite them to take on clear, craft-boosting challenges. Our projects are unique in their focus on using Zoom as a vital tool for our storytelling (vs totally ignoring the platform like many of the Zoom shows being done). We then use technique to break down the script and work to deeply explore, discover and play using the new material in class. We produce a live show and invite industry guests as well as peers, friends and family to attend.
- Do what you love + perform for a real audience!
- Feel more empowered when you deepen your craft.
- No type-casting here, work on a role written specifically for you + from you.
- Book more work when you develop an acting rehearsal process you can count on for killer auditions + outstanding performances.
- Bond with your cast-mates, experience more connection.
- Feel more fulfilled as a part of the story creation process.
- Small class sizes for more direct, personal coaching.
- Stay top-of-mind with your current industry contacts + invite them to come see your work.
- Make new industry connections for new opportunities.
- Use your recorded live performance as a strong, current work sample to open more doors.