the “get out of your head” class
reliable acting technique to deliver every time
WATCH A CLIP FROM REHEARSAL
Most of the time working on a TV series we actors are the last to see the script. Then, it’s cram time. Sarah has been my go-to life line when it comes to ‘what the heck…’ scenes/scripts that I have one or two days to prepare for. Her exercises have made me a better listener, more confident and an all around more relaxed actor. I could literally not do my job if she wasn’t so good at hers.
BLUE BLOODS, PRETTY LITTLE LIARS, FRANCES HA
interested in a spot in the next original project?
We are now doing interviews for the December-April Development Workshop Class. Very limited spots available. We will take a two week break for the holidays.
WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL PROJECT WORKSHOP?
I launched this brand new program as a powerful, fresh approach to helping actors level-up their craft in a major way. To me, there is nothing more exciting than telling compelling new stories with a group of passionate and committed actors.
We start with play. We use improv, story exercises, writing assignments, character work and more improv to uncover important themes and storylines. We work with a guest artist (past guest tv writer + playwright andrea ciannavei) inside a master class to reveal more possibilities. Then a writer pulls it all together into a one act “play”, site-specific for Zoom with characters written specifically for the actors. The characters are created to play to the actors’ unique strengths but also invite them to take on clear, craft-boosting challenges. Our projects are unique in their focus on using Zoom as a vital tool for our storytelling (vs totally ignoring the platform like many of the Zoom shows being done). We then use technique to break down the script and work to deeply explore, discover and play using the new material in class. We produce a live show and invite industry guests as well as peers, friends and family to attend.
- Do what you love + perform for a real audience!
- Feel more empowered when you deepen your craft.
- No type-casting here, work on a role written specifically for you + from you.
- Book more work when you develop an acting rehearsal process you can count on for killer auditions + outstanding performances.
- Bond with your cast-mates, experience more connection.
- Feel more fulfilled as a part of the story creation process.
- Small class sizes for more direct, personal coaching.
- Stay top-of-mind with your current industry contacts + invite them to come see your work.
- Make new industry connections for new opportunities.
- Use your recorded live performance as a strong, current work sample to open more doors.